Great Job

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2008 at 2:54 AM
Hi Jeremy, I downloaded the ORM and the IssueTracker app. I am not following you completly in regards to how to use the ORM. I love the concept, I just need to my hand held or at least try and figure out what I am not getting. I am not sure if I run the ClassGenerator with the compiled version and if I do - do I setup the tables folder to be part of my application? When I generate the SP's there is a DELIMITER $$ and the parameters are prefixed with "IN _" instead of the "@" sign. Anyway, I am very interested in using this utility.

Thanks, Rick
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2009 at 5:13 AM

Sorry Rick, just noticed your post there. The stored procedure templates are obviously different for each platform, and the code-generator should use the appropriate set depending on the current driver. Because I have tended towards dynamic queries for CRUD methods, the use of stored procs have become somewhat obsolete. The principle is that you have a standard template, and substitue in the table name, primary key name, and a list of (typed) name/value pairs, so it should be straightforward to customise the templates for sqlserver, oracle, etc.